BackgroundCore Values and Objectives
The Society's Core Values
- Professionalism: In all actions and interactions, the Society maintains and strives for ethical behaviors, professional etiquette and honesty.
- Confidentiality: To build and develop trust among all our stakeholders.
- Innovation: This is the hallmark of the Society activities and programs which initiate and adapt to change.
- God Fearing: The Society respects all the religious differences & rules therein and promotes all that which is considered morally right.
- Integrity: The Society promotes a high sense of moral and ethical standards in all its dealings with stakeholders and the public.
- Collaborative Approach: Groups of students work together to solve complex problems, complete tasks, or create products/services
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We want our members to be entrepreneurs, who by their very nature are thinkers and leaders, who know how to solve problems and improve the world around them. This is the spirit that we strive to foster in our members and builds confidence in ourselves.
- Impact-Driven: We live and breathe our purpose reflected in our mission statement so that it shines through every product or service our innovators/entrepreneurs offer, every stakeholder & partner we work with and every initiative we take on. Together, we can build something greater.
Additionally, the society emphasizes;
- Team spirit, teamwork and resilience: The Society fosters a work environment characterized by team spirit and teamwork.
- Responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility: The Society nurtures responsible corporate citizenship and strong corporate social responsibility.
- Good corporate governance: The Society embraces and practices good corporate governance. In this regard, the Society ensures that all its processes and procedures are marked by efficiency, effectiveness and transparency; Management and staff are accountable for their decisions and actions. The decision-making processes are participatory and consultative and reflect meritocracy, openness and transparent.
General Objevtive: The main objective is to promote quality & accelerated job creation through embedding Innovations & active entrepreneurship to the existing education system.
- To ensure that 60 % of the students in tertiary institutions, secondary & primary schools are engaged in innovations and active entrepreneurship throughout their academic period.
- To promote more of job makers than job seekers among the youth in East Africa.
- To train & equip University, Vocational institutions, Secondary & Primary school students with innovation & entrepreneurship skills
- To encourage interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education among students between the ages of 6 and 25
- To establish strong links between the research and education communities by connecting schools, colleges, vocational institutions & universities participating in the MIS activities to scientists at research stations and research institutes throughout East Africa.
- To introduce innovative teaching tools for teachers in primary and secondary schools in East Africa.
- To come up with & develop solutions to a variety of problems in the economy through innovation.
- To promote teamwork right from primary schools to University students
- To carry out capacity building of all the junior & senior MIS teams
- To train and equip primary & secondary school students with science & ICT skills required to thrive in the 21st century.
- To utilize innovation & active entrepreneurship in bridging the gap between the existing education levels
- To create the platform where secondary school innovators easily engage with University level innovators through Innovation fellowships carried out every year
- To build more sustainable startup companies in Uganda & create more job opportunities for the youth